Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Mid Century Modern Show

On Sunday we had a lovely day at Mid Century Modern at Dulwich College. We had been to last year's November show and decided we'd like to take part. It was a bit of an early start (I like a bit of a lazy time on Mother's Day!) but it was well worth it. It was very busy and the day just flew by, so I didn't get much time to mooch round. this was probably a good thing as I would have come home with more than I started with!

I did manage to nip round the show and spotted some gorgeous things. Here is just a few of my favourites.



 





I love this Eames Rocking Chair from Firefly House and that table is pretty stylish too.




 Lots of interesting and colourful lighting, furniture and these amazing wall pieces from 20th Century Marks





More lovely pendant lights on the Retro Bazaar stand. They had so many retro bits and bobs that I didn't know where to point my camera, including old phones in various colours.




The brilliantly named People will Always Need Plates have a huge range of plates featuring well loved buildings with juicy coloured backgrounds. They have a lot more than plates on their site too (well worth a look!).





My absolute favourite stand had to be Vintage Unit who sell refurbished vintage industrial furniture and accessories. I have always loved these pendant lights as they remind me of certain Picasso paintings and linocuts (he obviously loved them too!). And the abacus is just a lovely thing, whether you have children or not.





These beautiful and delicate pots are by Sophie Cook and come in a wide range of sizes and different glazes, fabulous!


The next Mid Century Modern Show will be at Lord's Cricket Ground, The Nursury Pavillion, North Gate, London NW8 8QN. On Sunday 27th of May 2012.

5 comments:

Modern Furniture said...

Awesome designs and cool modern furniture.

April Louise said...

wow those chairs are so cool!

welovelinen said...

Such a nice event, it looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

welovelinen said...

It looks like everyone has a lot of fun! It must have been a nice event

Becky said...

Great Picture of our wonderful Pendant lights!
Glad you liked them!

Becky
Retro-Bazaar.co.uk