Sunday, 31 July 2011

Down on the Allotment - July

It's unwise to neglect your allotment for a fortnight at this time of year. All the vegetables may be thriving (especially the round yellow courgettes that are the size of melons) but the weeds are really doing well and are suddenly waist high! Therefore this month's post is composed of a few close-ups of the more photogenic subjects. Next month I will have done battle with the ever present fat hen (the weed) and all will be neat and tidy (yeah right!).

Courgettes
Runner Beans
Globe Artichokes




First Blackberries




Butterfly in the Marjoram




Pale Yellow Sunflower
Mixed Cornflowers

2 comments:

KatGotTheCream said...

I love looking at other people's snaps of flowers - these are lovely! Just wanted to say thanks so much for adding Kat got the cream to your blogroll, I'm very touched. And I'm so glad I've found your lovely blog in return.

Kathryn x

Amanda McIvor said...

Thank you too for adding me - love your blog. Amanda x