Monday, 28 February 2011

Why am I such a Lemonhead?

I seem to have a thing for lemons. Most women I know crave chocolate and shoes, whilst I tend to go for anything lemon flavoured and chairs for my guilty secrets. My habit creeps into my designs quite a bit too (see the evidence below).

'Lemon Slice' Magnetic Notice Board 





'Oranges and Lemons' Large Magnetic Notice Board (100cm x 75cm or 75cm x 55cm)        




I was most put out lately when I realised that M&S seem to have discontinued Penny Pigs. They were fab, just like lemon curd in sweetie/pig form! I've had to resort to making lemon cupcakes to console myself.

Here's a simple recipe from Waitrose I just made lemon buttercream for the topping with 200g unsalted butter creamed together with 200g icing sugar and flavoured with the grated zest of 2 lemons. I sprinkled grated lemon zest and white chocolate chips on top. If you can't be bothered with all that, then get yourself along to a Hummingbird Bakery and buy one of these Lemon Curd Cupcakes I'll be there when I've demolished this lot!

No comments: